STRATEGIES THAT WORK IN QUALIFYING YOUR PROSPECTS AND HANDLING THEIR OBJECTIONS
is a comprehensive sales system that works without the need of any other training, some of our students have opted to use FEAR Selling tactics to fine tune an already-existing sales system that they are comfortable with.
So for those who are struggling with qualifying prospects and/or handling objections, we have excerpted best practices from the FEAR Selling System and organized them into the Special Report, FEARLESS In Qualifying Prospects and Handling Objections: How To Leverage The Incredible Power of Questions That Will Save You Time, Energy and Money While Prospecting and in Overcoming Objections.
Again, we recommend that you avoid costly mistakes in the sales process by following the FEAR Selling System as a whole – but if you are just interested in improving your prospect-qualification and objection-handling techniques, check out FEARLESS In Qualifying Prospects and Handling Objections.
Buy it at ClickBank
Check out the 71 strategies, tactics and techniques revealed in this Special Report.
NOT EVERYONE NEEDS HELP WITH QUALIFYING PROSPECTS AND HANDLING OBJECTIONS
But those who can benefit from the best practices in FEARLESS In Qualifying Prospects and Handling Objections typically are:
1) Wasting time pitching prospects who don’t seem like they are ever going to buy anything from you.
2) Struggling to find the right way to answer the constant stream of objections that they hear from their prospects day in and day out.
3) Searching for ways to keep the sales process going – even if their prospect makes a strong objection as to why they don’t want to buy now.
4) Looking for sales tactics that enable them to pre-empt objections that commonly occur in their particular selling situation.
5) Trying to use tactics that only create more and more objections rather than focusing on the initial objection to help build credibility and rapport with your prospect.
6) Looking for ways to avoid objections all together instead of welcoming them as a way to engage their clients and learn about their hopes and fears so that they can better position their product/service as EXACTLY what their prospect needs.
WE GUARANTEE RESULTS
Typically, you would have to attend our week-long FEAR Selling Boot Camp, which costs several thousand dollars, in order to find out these prospect-qualifying and objection-handling best practices in FEARLESS In Qualifying Prospects and Handling Objections.
But due to demand for focused training on specific aspects of selling, we can offer this Special Report to you now for only USD$ 17.00.
The Special Report comes in a 79-page electronic book format, which will be sent directly to your computer for fast and easy access.
And if you don’t see results within 30-days of actually using these best practices, we’ll give you your money back, no questions asked.
How "FEARLESS In Qualifying Prospects and Handling Objections" Will Help You Sell More
and Sell Faster
If you've been struggling in sales and are serious about finding a solution - that is, you're NOT looking for a Get-Rich-Quick Scheme, take a moment and find out the 71 sales strategies, tactics and techniques that you will learn in the Special Report, FEARLESS In Qualifying Prospects and Handling Objections:
1. The 18 most powerful questions to ask that will help you guide your prospect to close themselves and buy now;
2. Find out the top 10 objections that salespeople hear and how to turn around each one on your prospect;
3. Learn the 8-step process for preparing for sales objections – just this technique will save you hours of grief and give you a chance at closing many more sales;
4. Find out about the 7 Qualifying Steps that you absolutely must take your prospect through if you want to qualify them successfully – you may currently be closing sales without using – or being aware that you are using – these 7 Qualifying Steps – but according to research by The Sales Career Training Institute, salespeople who are aware of the structure of this process have much higher closing ratios that those who aren’t aware of it;
5. Learn savvy “monstering” techniques – the U.S. intelligence agencies use these questioning techniques to wear down suspected terrorists that they are interviewing in order to get the information they want – we will share with you slightly less offensive strategies but effective ones nonetheless;
6. Learn what Boomerang Questions are and how to throw them so that they come back to you with the answers that you want to hear;
7. How to use Conversational Layering techniques to build prospect interest in your product/service by revisiting key points that you know drive their behavior;
8. Discover long-forgotten techniques used by some of the most persuasive leaders the world has ever known, including: Socrates, Aristotle, Ben Franklin, Winston Churchill, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton;
9. The key question to ask current prospects and customers – and most importantly, how to ask it;
10. Find and focus on your prospects’ pains, fears and hopes by leading them to help you uncover their emotional hot buttons;
11. Marketing tactics that have proven to help our students generate 6 times more than their average number of leads in any given month – with very little effort;
12. How to maintain complete control of any sales meeting – while letting your prospect think that they are in control;
13. Shorten your sales cycle by tapping into the emotional needs of your prospects so that they bug you to call them back and present your solutions;
14. Dramatically increase your closing ratio so that you can present less, work less on developing proposals, make fewer prospect calls and increase the size of your average orders;
15. The shortcuts to qualifying your prospects so that you don’t waste time on pitching prospects that don’t have the budget, decision-making power, or intention of buying from you now;
16. Avoid having prospects suck information from you only to use it as leverage to get a better deal from their current vendor or in order to shop around for a better price;
17. Differentiate yourself from your competitors so that you have an almost unfair advantage over them;
18. Avoid having to lower your prices – and thus lower your commissions – by competing only on price;
19. Discover the three key signals that will tell you when you should put a prospect in a tickler file and move on because they are not going to buy from you any time soon;
20. Figure out the specific buying criteria of each of your prospects so that you don’t waste time – and maybe even lose the sale – by pitching them on benefits that they don’t need – or don’t want;
21. Magnify the desirability of your offer by using the stick – as well as the typical carrot tactics – that have made FEAR Selling so successful as a comprehensive system;
22. Build credibility early on in the sales process so that subsequent steps will flow much more quickly and easily;
23. Find out how to prepare for, pre-empt, and respond to any objection that your prospects might have;
24. Leverage the leadership skills that are relevant to success in your sales career – because sales is nothing more than leading people to your solutions;
25. Speed up your sales training since the FEAR Selling research team has included the best practices from dozens of today’s most successful trainers;
26. Avoid assumptions that may ruin your chances of closing the sale early on;
27. Although FEAR Selling is a comprehensive sales system that works without the need of any other training, some of our students have opted to use FEAR Selling tactics to fine tune an already-existing sales system that they are comfortable with;
28. Learn not only the right questions to ask, but also how and when to ask them – which can make or break a sale;
29. How to differentiate your product/service through superior positioning and trust building tactics that will knock your competition out of the running;
30. Ease your prospects with less resistance – and thus quicker – by using sales jujitsu moves that enable you to use the momentum of your prospects’ attitudes and behavior to your advantage;
31. Use empathy strategies that enable you to quickly understand the perspective of your prospects so that you can see the situation as they see it and thus take advantage of what will persuade them and avoid what will cause them to resist your pitch;
32. Learn the key techniques that top salespeople employ in order to avoid seeming too pushy and too much like a saleperson;
33. Leverage relationship-building techniques that have been proven to work in all persuasion situations based on years of clinical psychology studies;
34. Overcome the most popular stall tactics and hesitation techniques that savvy prospects use to negotiate better deals with you;
35. How to position your product/service so that you answer the all-important question that your prospect is always asking: “What’s In It For Me?”
36. How to conduct a needs analysis so that your prospects will be hungrily awaiting your proposal;
37. Learn how to develop sales techniques, behaviors and attitudes concurrently so as to speed your sales training and thus your sales effectiveness;
38. Develop prospect-focused pain points early in the sales process that you can then leverage and build upon as you advance through the process;
39. Identify and construct emotional attacks against any objections that your prospects throw at you during the presentation process;
40. How to position yourself so that your prospects invite you in, which changes the power dynamic in your favor;
41. Ease prospect fears by subtly pre-empting objections at any stage in the process, especially during the close;
42. How to avoid pushing your prospects toward the sale and thus risking pent-up resistance from killing the sale after a long grueling struggle on your part;
43. Become aware of the common self-preservation tactics that most of us use to avoid having to deal with sales people;
44. Understand the importance of keeping the prospect’s ego intact throughout the entire sales process;
45. Get prospects to rattle off what you need to say and do in order to get their business – and make them want to share this information with you happily;
46. Learn how the pros handle rejection;
47. How to ask your prospects permission to close them – and thus increase your closing rate;
48. Throw your prospects off their guard by getting them comfortable and uncomfortable in rapid succession – it will do wonders for your bottom line;
49. Best ways to open up conversations with prospects so that you don’t seem like a salesman – and thus increasing your chances of successfully bonding with them as a trusted advisor;
50. Advanced questioning techniques that stop objections in their tracks;
51. 3 ways to use these questioning techniques, which gives you a variety of weapons to choose from and thus ensures that you will be comfortable in combating prospect objections;
52. Learn what types of questions are more appropriate in certain situations and with certain buyer-types than others;
53. Discover how Orphan Phrases can speed the Needs Assessment Process – so that you can more quickly and easily determine the appropriate product/service positioning structure;
54. Learn why Floater Questions are the safest way of testing the waters and taking the temperature of your prospect so as to inform you on the appropriate next steps at any point in the sales process;
55. When to use negatively positioned questions and when to tread carefully with this powerful FEAR Selling tactic;
56. How to avoid having FEAR Selling strategies backfire in your face;
57. Questions that will help you think fast on your feet or recover from any mistake or verbal slip-up that you make;
58. Learn why the best-performing salespeople welcome objections – early and often in the sales process;
59. Discover the psychology behind all objections so that you are in a better position to go with the flow and work around them to your advantage;
60. How to flush out objections before they sneak up on you unaware and kill the sale;
61. How to ask questions comfortably so that it seems as if you are having a conversation as opposed to an interrogation;
62. How to multiply the effectiveness of your Boomerang Questions by using them in combination with the top 3 empathy tactics that you learned earlier in the System;
63. How to lead prospects toward and away from their own objections so that you deal with them once and for all;
64. Discover a version of the Values Elicitation Process, which is based on the NLP questioning techniques that enable you to tap into your prospects’ emotional needs fast;
65. How to integrate the qualification of your prospects with your initial pitch so as to leverage face-time with each of your prospects;
66. When to use the Values Elicitation Process to get your prospect to close the sale – and when you should hold back from using the Process;
67. How to help magnify the seriousness of your prospect’s problems in their mind so that they are more likely to take action and buy from you now;
68. Getting at your prospects’ budget, decision-making process and willingness to act early on to ensure a better qualification of your prospect;
69. How to guarantee that your prospect shares their budget – or at least a budget range – with you;
70. How to sift through your needs analysis information and home in on the key prospect buying buttons; and
71. Differentiate yourself from the other salespeople who are lined up waiting to speak to your prospect and hammering away on the phones calling the same people you are.